Alas, once more unto our homes. Where I live is going into lockdown (again), and while this should mean I can finally read all the books on my TBR, I still have to work and also, this week’s Top Ten Tuesday provides a great way for me to compile non-reading things.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly challenge hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where each week you write a list of ten particular books. This week’s prompt is: non-bookish hobbies.
Mine is just adapted slightly. Honestly, I don’t think I even have ten whole different hobbies so …
1. Watch The Haunting of Bly Manor. No, I haven’t seen this yet. Yes, I probably will marathon it all in a couple days when I get round to it
2. Add more songs to my extremely specific four songs or less Spotify playlists
3. Read the 5+ articles I have saved on why Parasite is such a good film. I mean, it is a good film, I just haven’t read all of the critical breakdown of it yet. (Still.)
4. Get a houseplant. Keep it alive.
5. Finish playing Death Stranding. Yes, it’s a beautiful game, but that’s the problem. Sometimes I just get caught up in nice visuals and good song choices. I am a chronic non-finisher of video games. It is my curse
6. Learn something about Andy Warhol through the Tate Modern’s virtual exhibit
7. Clean my dirty make-up brushes. The state of it all is embarrassing, actually
8. Learn to code? We remain hopeful.
9. Practise the languages I (supposedly) speak. Try not to think about the fact that I’m probably going to have to start from the beginning all over again.
10. Add all of my read books to my Goodreads. My Reading Challenge sadly believes I haven’t done very well this year, and I have to correct that. And this is absolutely an admin task and so suitably non-bookish thank you.
This list was incredibly easy to write. The tough part is actually doing it all… I’m excited to read everyone’s lists this week!